Letting with Brockenhurst

Unlocking the Potential of Property Letting

Are you a property owner looking to maximise your investment? Or perhaps you’re searching for the perfect rental property to call home? Welcome to Brockenhurst Estate Agents – your trusted partner in property letting. Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, our dedicated team is here to guide you through every step of the letting process with expertise and professionalism.

For Landlords:

Are you considering letting out your property but unsure where to start? Let Brockenhurst Estate Agents be your guide. With our extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the rental market, we’ll help you navigate the complexities of property letting with ease. From marketing your property and screening potential tenants to managing maintenance requests and collecting rent, we handle every aspect of the letting process so you can enjoy a hassle-free experience and maximise your rental income.

For Tenants:

Are you searching for the perfect rental property to suit your lifestyle and budget? Look no further than Brockenhurst Estate Agents. With our wide range of available properties and personalised service, we’ll help you find the ideal rental home that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations. From cosy apartments in the heart of the city to spacious family homes in the New Forest, we have something for everyone. Let us help you unlock the door to your next property adventure.

Why Choose Brockenhurst Estate Agents?

At Brockenhurst Estate Agents, we believe in delivering exceptional service and building lasting relationships with our clients. Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, you can trust us to provide reliable, honest, and transparent service every step of the way. With our dedicated letting team, extensive network of industry contacts, and commitment to excellence, we’re here to help you unlock the full potential of property letting. Contact us today to learn more about our letting services and how we can assist you in achieving your property goals.


I want to let my property. Do I need to tell my mortgage lender?

Yes. Your mortgage lender needs to give you permission before you can let your property, and they may impose special conditions. If you are buying a property with the intention of letting it out, you may be able to obtain a buy to let mortgage.

How do I know what rent to charge?

Ask a letting agent to value your home. Brockenhurst are experts in the market, so we can advise you how other rental properties are doing in the area, and what kind of yield you can hope to expect.

How much will it cost me to let my property?

This really depends on how much support you need. At Brockenhurst we offer 2 main service levels: Standard (for self-managing landlords who want a tenant find only service) and Full Management (for landlords who are not up to speed with the regulations and want us to be responsible for all aspects of tenancy management). Most agents offer a range of different services and the fees charged reflect this. Be sure you understand an agent’s fees and exactly what level of service you can expect when you ask them to conduct a lettings valuation.

What happens to my tenant’s deposit?

Landlords and letting agents are required to register tenants’ deposits with an approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme. At Brockenhurst we register deposits with the Deposit Protection Service. The deposit funds are physically paid over and held by the deposit scheme. The Tenancy Deposit Scheme is there to protect the tenant’s money and help to resolve any disputes at the end of the tenancy.

Why should I have an inventory?

An inventory is a detailed list of the contents and schedule of condition of your property taken before the tenant moves in. It is important that if there is a dispute over damage at the end of the tenancy, you have proof of the original condition of the property and its contents. You can read more here.

What are my obligations surrounding gas?

You must have a Gas Safety Record (LLGS) in place to ensure that all gas appliances, pipes and flues are in safe working order. It must be carried out by a qualified Gas Safe Registered engineer and needs to be checked every 12 months.

Do I need to get my electrical appliances tested?

You are required to ensure that the electrics and wiring within the property are safe for use and from 1st July 2020 all rental properties will be required to have a valid Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). You can read more about the new Electrical Safety Regulations in our blog here.

How do I receive my rental income from my letting agent?

If you choose a Rent Collect or Full Management service, the agent will arrange for the tenant to pay the rent via standing order or direct debit. The rental money will then be transferred to your account minus commission and any outgoings or fees (such as maintenance work fees). You should receive a statement every month

What if the tenant damages the property?

Either the tenant pays to fix the damage, or the cost for fixing the damage is deducted from the tenant’s deposit at the end of the tenancy. However, it is important to remember that fair wear and tear needs to be considered.

Your new home awaits.

Let’s Connect Over Coffee, or a Friendly Chat!

At Brockenhurst Estate Agents, we’re all about building relationships and having meaningful conversations. Whether you’re not quite ready to make a move, have questions about your local area, or simply want to learn more about the Brockenhurst experience, we’re here to listen and offer insights. Reach out to us anytime – we’re eager to chat!”

First Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.